S.C.R.E.A.A.M or “San Francisco’s Concerned Residents Experiencing Annoying Aircraft Maneuvers” is an organization that aims to eliminate or minimize unacceptable noise levels caused by aircraft from the San Francisco Airport (SFO) and the Oakland Airport (OAK) flying over San Francisco. To learn more please read our About Page and the following FAQs.
Who is behind SCREAAM?
Concerned San Francisco residents, acting as a group…
How do you join SCREAAM?
You don’t really “join” SCREAAM. We communicate via this website. You can go follow us online and go to our meetings when we have them.
How can I get more involved and proactively help SCREAAM? For now…
(1) Keep an eye on the www.screaam.org website/blog for news and to see if any actions or help is needed. Alternatively, if you are really sick of the jet noise and want to help us more and get SUPER involved, then send us a message that says “I want to get SUPER INVOLVED!” and we will contact you directly.
(2) Go ahead and FOLLOW the SCREAAM blog at the bottom of the page so you get instant update sent to your email with what is going on. The same content posted on the site will be sent to you via email automatically upon posting.
(3) Go to our own SCREAAM meetings when they happen…. the dates will be posted on this site. Also, consider going to the broader SFO Roundtable Meetings when they happen. Check http://sforoundtable.org/
(4) Find a jet noise website you like… (like http://stop.jetnoise.net) and start complaining… or complain directly to these email addresses: email@example.com and 9-AWA-NoiseOmbudsman@faa.gov
(5) Ask neighbors that are affected by jet noise to get involved too, by doing the above items too…
The following lines represent common daily flights in our area:
Green flights (SSTIK) are bothersome departures from SFO Airport.
Blue flights (CNDLE) are bothersome departures from Oakland Airport.
Red Flights are incoming arrivals into SFO Airport.